Dell laptop has an aggressive market across the globe because of its smart features and technologies. It is designed with advanced running functionality and is blended with lots of beneficial structures. It is also known for its pricing platform and durability and if you are mainly using your Dell laptops for multimedia purposes, then you can easily disable the function key features of the laptop and instead use the keys as media controls.
In order to disable the function key, all you need to enter the system Basic Input Output System (BIOS) throughout the boot sequence so you guide your computer with new instructions-
- First you should restart your Dell laptop
- Then watch the boot screen. Then you need to look for the system at the bottom which is instructing you to “Press the XX key to enter system BIOS.” In most Dell laptops, this will be noted as the “F2” key, but this may differ on your system. When the message appears, hold down the appropriate key to enter the BIOS screen.
- After this simply navigate to the “Advanced” tab by pressing the right arrow key
- Then you need to scroll down to “Function Key Behavior” on the “Advanced” tab by pressing the down button
- After the above instructions press “Enter”
- To move the selection to “Multimedia Key First” press the up/down arrow keys
- Further to save your settings and to exit press “F10”
- Once you done then allow the system to reboot for the changes to take effect
The above stated instructions are the most simple and advanced instructions that can help you to disable the function key of Dell laptop. In case you face any difficulty while performing the above procedure then dialing Dell Laptop Support Phone Number– (1-888-296-9079) is the best platform to have instant guidance by the staff that is committed in helping the Dell laptops users or customers with real time solutions.